Our primary school is 50 Min away!

79 posts
excitera
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Our primary school is 50 Min away!

Postby excitera » Fri May 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Well, I have to leave my house at 8am to be at my desk at 9am. Not so sure my nanny would be that creative on buses...
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 pm

One can always find a good reason when one doesnt want to do it!
redwoman
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby redwoman » Fri May 17, 2013 4:46 pm

I guess some of us are not that priveleged to have a nanny but to be honest i enjoy the school run, spending time looking around, fresh air, exercise, exploring, i would not trade places with a nanny even if i had the option to. But i do know that if i paid a nanny to care for my kids then she is being paid for her service and if that includes a school run then so be it, 45mins is nothing when it comes to my kids, as the other mum said ( she is a creative mum) i would have to hire a creative nanny who loves exercise and walking and fun things, not someone who wants to walk 5 mins down the road or drive . like i said i do stewarts rd to northcote every day and its not even 17mins on the 87 or 77 bus , 10 to 15 mins, me and my 9year old can walk it in 25mins ,
Theres always goin to be excuses,
its to far.
i dont drive
buses take to long
i get stressed with the crowds
i be late for work
my child cant walk far

And i am not relating to stewarts rd/northcote now, ppl nowadays dont even want to walk 10/15 mins down the road
I believe its the adults who make the children lazy, ppl blame computers and consoles, i beg to differ.
balhamite
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby balhamite » Fri May 17, 2013 9:34 pm

I think the title of this post is misleading. I imagine the original poster would have been offered a nearer school had they used all of their choices rather than just putting down 3 schools. I know for example alderbrook and high view had large distances. Would you not be able to get into these through the waiting list and avoid the journey? It feels the post is really about not getting into the 3 schools you think are acceptable rather than the fact you were offered one a long way away.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.