Buggy bag needed when travelling abroad?

5 posts
zinokrij13
Share this post on:

Buggy bag needed when travelling abroad?

Postby zinokrij13 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi!

I'm expecting my first baby in 2 weeks. Travelling home to Australia for a holiday in April with our new bugaboo bee. How can I avoid it getting damaged. Should I buy a buggy bag & check it in on board rather than with luggage?

Any advise would be great!
Lulumoo
Share this post on:

Re: Buggy bag needed when travelling abroad?

Postby Lulumoo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi there,
We took our Joolz pram (pretty much the same size as a bugaboo) back to oz with us last year in a Stokke pram bag which you can check-in as oversize luggage at no extra cost. It can also fit some small toys, nappies and a blanket inside too which helps. The pram arrived safely without any damage. But to be honest, we haven't used it since then as it's been a bit easier to travel with a fold up Maclaren pram and we are not bothered if it gets thrown around. It's much easier to pack in the boot of a hire car too. We just walk it straight to the gate and leave it at the plane doorway for the staff to store below. It hasn't been marked or damaged and we've traveled quite a bit!
All the best with your baby and enjoy the nice weather back in Australia. We'll be going again in March and really looking forward to it.
:)
zinokrij13
Share this post on:

Postby zinokrij13 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks for the advise! I think I'll borrow a buggy from a friend in Oz.

S
Daffodil79
Share this post on:

Postby Daffodil79 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:55 pm

You can buy a maclaren xlr that has a carry cot attachment to lie flat. We have it been brilliant buggy.
Happy travels

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.