TARGETED TO BE VICTIM OF DOGGY SCAM!!! BE AWARE !

2 posts
LOVETIPTOTOE
Options:
Share this post on:

TARGETED TO BE VICTIM OF DOGGY SCAM!!! BE AWARE !

Postby LOVETIPTOTOE » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning I was approached by a man in his mid 40’s dressed with blue jeans and a block parker coat with fur around the hood. He was foreign maybe Romanian or Polish definitely Eastern European . He was around 6ft tall and balding , his English was perfect however he had a very strong Eastern European accent.

I was driving down Webbs road to park on Chatham Road and he was chasing my car, When i pulled up and got out the car he was standing right by by door waiting for me to get out. He seemed nervous and scared.

His story was as follows:

Hi Dee, you don't know me but you know my wife Rebecca Moore and my daughter Lucy they come to your shop to have there nails done, mostly on a Saturday. My wife Rebecca is a teacher and has long blond hair she said she is good friends with you.

At this point I was looking at him thinking he wanted to surprise his wife or maybe ask for a discount on a voucher or something.

He then said that he is in trouble and that his wife told him to come to me and that i would be happy to help him because she is such a good customer. He said that he drives a BMW jeep and that it had broken down, that is was stuck in the middle of the road and his wallet was locked in his surgery because he is a Doctor.His reasons for needing the money was to buy a part worth £600 and if i could lend him the money until Rebecca gets home. He then said he understands that £600 is a lot of money and maybe i could help him with £200.He would be happy to get in my car with me and go to the cash point. I could then take him to pick up the part.

At this point I was fully aware that this was some kind of doggy scam and that I was being targeted.

I told him that I was not the person that could help him and he should ask someone else.

I am really scared as he knows my name, the car I drive and where I park.

Has anyone else been targeted? I have reported him to the police.

Just letting everyone know to be aware.
Furzedown Dad
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: TARGETED TO BE VICTIM OF DOGGY SCAM!!! BE AWARE !

Postby Furzedown Dad » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:57 am

You did the right thing spotting his "doggy" scan and not giving him any money.

I honestly wouldn't worry overly about your safety. These kind of con artists look for easy targets - his ruse didn't work with you, so he'll move on and try it on someone else.

You know what he looks like, and he will (correctly) assume that you have reported him, so the chances of him being stupid enough to come after you again are low.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.