Scooter stolen from Amner Rd area?

2 posts
hereloro
Options:
Share this post on:

Scooter stolen from Amner Rd area?

Postby hereloro » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:44 am

Yesterday evening (Sat. Jan 18) ~6:30PM, I saw three young boys walking down Amner Rd, two on push bikes and one on foot pushing a scooter. All three were in dark hoodies with the hoods up and glanced around nervously. I thought it was odd, so walked behind them as they turned onto Roseneath Rd toward Clapham Common. When I reached my house, another woman came up and said she thought the boys were stealing the scooter. My partner was at home so he jumped into his car to confront them. But as he pulled up to them at the junction of Thurleigh Rd and Thurleigh Ave, the two on bikes sprinted off and he wasn't able to find the one with the scooter.

I called the police asap, but am not sure if they were able to catch them.

The scooter had an "L" sticker and the number plate started with something like LC1Y (??) It was too dark to make out clearly.

I'm so sorry if this happened to you, as it was such a brazen robbery and yet we were fairly helpless to stop it. I can only hope they abandoned the scooter somewhere near Thurleigh Rd. Any updates would be appreciated.
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Scooter stolen from Amner Rd area?

Postby supermummy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 pm

the exact same thing happened to us on 30th December, 8 pm. 4 youths in hoodies nicked one of our scooters (fortunately our cheaper older one, probably as it didn't have immobiliser). We are on the northside. Admittedly we hadn't put the d lock on but that still doesn't excuse other people stealing!

Our neighbour witnessed the whole thing from front window but was understandably too scared to confront them. He called the police and rather annoyingly they wasted time challenging what was going on so by the time they arrived the bike was gone. It was found the next day, completely trashed and undrivable in an estate off Wandsworth road. Seems like it was kids doing it for kicks.

Even more annoyingly I got a bog standard letter from the police the other day saying they were taking no further action 'as there were no witnesses and no forensic evidence' - both untrue, there was my neighbour and police found the bag with crowbar used right next to the bike. Frustrating that his type of crime is just not followed up, seems like it is trivialised like nicking a bag of sweets...

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.