dorset/ cornwall holiday child friendly cottages

4 posts
jo jo
Options:
Share this post on:

dorset/ cornwall holiday child friendly cottages

Postby jo jo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 am

Hello

The in-laws have just said they would like to go on hols in September in the UK after schools have returned and asked us if we would like to go with them.... looking for any recommendations for a 4 bed cottage/house to rent for a week in dorset/ cornwall or thereabouts which is kiddy friendly. Also would like it to be close to a nice town/village (to escape for meals) and a beach or swimming pool (or something toddler friendly/activities) to be on the list then that would be great .... oh as well as buggy friendly. Has anyone got any recommendations - I would love to hear from you....

thanks in advance.
mrs_pavlova
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: dorset/ cornwall holiday child friendly cottages

Postby mrs_pavlova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 am

I'm repeating myself from previous threads, so sorry to be boring!! but I can't recommend Glynn Barton Cottages highly enough.

http://www.glynnbarton.co.uk/

They have a selection of self catering cottages all with doors facing onto a lovely lawn so although you wouldn't be all together in the same house (the largest cottage has 3 bedrooms) you'd be very close. Based near Bodmin in Cornwall. It has amazing kids facilities included heated pool, playroom packed with toys and pool table for rainy days, animal feeding daily, outdoor adventure play area, teepee to explore etc etc. It's a short car journey from Bodmin town which isn't the greatest, but they can arrange babysitting and it's a short 10 min drive to Fowey which is lovely. Polkerris beach and a lovely National Trust property is also a ten min drive.

You would think I work for them - I don't!!! we've just been four times, back again at Easter and I think it's brilliant for pre-schoolers. We're going with two other families this time.

Good luck finding somewhere x
mandsmelody
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mandsmelody » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:29 am

Hi there
I have a 4 bedroom child friendly house in Dartmouth SW Devon which I rent as a holiday let. It has off street parking outside and is walkable to town, pavement all the way. It has a travel cot, high chair and stair gate as well as kiddies games books lego etc.
We are on the edge of Warfleet Creek and you can walk to the water to feed ducks and less than 5 mins to Dartmouth Castle with its tea rooms. Coastal walks are also from the house.
There are loads of good local restaurants and pubs and plenty of activities for all including The Steam Railway, Agatha Christies house and gardens and Woodlands adventure park and play zone
I have availability in September though one week is already gone out of holiday time being Sat 6th - 13th otherwise it is available.
I advertise on Holiday Lettings where you can see 24 pics and read all full details.Property number 73286 http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk
Do email me at 5pottcott@googlemail.com and I will give you a Nappy Valley Discount
Regards
Mandy
MVM
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MVM » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am

We LOVE ruralretreats. Stunning cottages, good prices, modern interiors and modcons. Have used them so many times and never been disappointed so we recommend them to everyone.

One owner of the cottage we stayed at didn't even think twice when we said there's a small child of 1 1.5 and we're concerned abt safety - they installed baby gates everywhere!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.