St Georges

4 posts
swaby0797
Share this post on:

St Georges

Postby swaby0797 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 pm

I have just been reading lots of messages about hospitals and which one to choose and I would love to recommend St georges where I have just had my 2nd child!
I found out at 35 weeks pregnant that I had placenta previa and the care I received in St georges was fabulous! I had to keep going in due to close monitoring and then had to have a c section at 38 weeks. My son was then born with a few problems with his breathing and had to go to intensive care where he was closely monitored on breathing machines etc! The care was faultless and he was back with me on the ward after 24 hrs. We then stayed in a further 4 days!
I then had an infection in my scar and ended up back in on iv antibiotics for a few more days. The staff were at all times amazing and extremely caring!
My little boy is now 5 weeks and we are slowly on the road to recovery but all thanks to how brilliant all the team are at St Georges! :D :D
cupoftea
Share this post on:

Re: St Georges

Postby cupoftea » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 pm

That is so wonderful to hear. It must make the team at George's feel really good to know their services are so appreciated, as sometimes it can be such a thankless job.

Have heard so much St. Georges bashing recently, and I am just very pleased to hear such a positive story.
MrsAmanda
Share this post on:

Postby MrsAmanda » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Glad you and your little one are both ok.

I was nervous about having my second child at St Georges having read lots of negative stuff. But, the care I received at St Thomas' post-natally left a lot to be desired, so I figured it really couldn't be much worse.

I was lucky, in that our son was born on a quiet day, but my first night in post-natal Carmen ward I was on my own and very well looked after by some lovely midwives. Unfortunately my son developed some problems and during the night was transferred to Neo Natal. In the NNU he was taken such good care of, the staff were amazing.

I guess every hospital has it's good and bad, and whilst some will have really positive experiences, others are not so lucky.
shaneleone
Share this post on:

Postby shaneleone » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:04 am

I've also heard a lot of negative comments about St Georges, so just wanted to add that I too had a lovely birth experience there last September. I ended up with a c-section and the surgical team was wonderful and the aftercare was faultless. I'd particularly like to mention the most amazing midwife who works there named Kate - she was friendly, bubbly and incredibly helpful, even in the middle of the night!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.