How much Xmas bonus to pay a nanny?

3 posts
acupoftea
Share this post on:

How much Xmas bonus to pay a nanny?

Postby acupoftea » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:42 am

First time we've had a nanny so no idea what is expected. Some friends tell me that a week's salary is the norm as a bonus and some say they don't do that at all. We are happy with our nanny but couldn't afford a week's salary as a bonus. What do others do? The children will make her a card and get her a small, personal gift. The gift/bonus is more from the parents. Thanks!
sixfootredhead
Share this post on:

Re: How much Xmas bonus to pay a nanny?

Postby sixfootredhead » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:22 am

Whatever you can realistically afford....

Last year we gave a weeks' salary. We were fortunate at that time to be able to give that and our nanny is so wonderful with the kids and for making all our lives that much easier that I wish I could have paid her more as she's invaluable.

When you think about it, most nannies have a very burdensome job... It's not massively well paid either so an additional financial bonus or a lovely gift they wouldn't necessarily be able to buy themselves would be hugely appreciated.
2010emilie1
Share this post on:

Re: How much Xmas bonus to pay a nanny?

Postby 2010emilie1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Ladies,

I got my nanny a really nice hilfiger down coat. The same as the one I bought for myself. Something she really needed to keep warm and dry on the school run.

Both were on sale and she realised the value of the gift but somehow, the fact that I got the same, that it was on sale and that it was a sort of 'you need it for the job' made her feel better about the cost of it. She loved it.

What I am trying to say is that it does not need to break the bank but be useful to HER and shows that you have put some thoughts into it.

I also got her a nice small across the body Kath Kidston bag which is very practical when at the park for her birthday. She loved it too.

E :-)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.