Can anyone recommend an Au Pair? - Between the Commons

4 posts
SallyP
Share this post on:

Can anyone recommend an Au Pair? - Between the Commons

Postby SallyP » Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am

Hi! We live just behind Northcote Road and our Au Pair is soon returning home. I have 3 young children aged 5, 3 and 10 months. I'm looking for an Au Pair who's already in London or is willing to come here for interview and can be recommended by their current family. We are flexible on start date.

Our children are LOVELY, bright, affectionate, fun and not hard to look after. They are always up for anything - bike rides, trips to the playground/park/one o'clock club/swimming/museums/playgroups.

Their hours would be 7.30-9.00 then 3.00-7.00 Monday-Friday with 2 nights babysitting (one at the weekend) per week. Obviously with 3 small children, going out twice a week is EXTREMELY rare!

I am a full-time stay-at-home Mum so I'm looking for a very helpful, willing extra pair of hands. I don't ask the Au Pair to do anything I wouldn't do myself. She should have lots of energy and a genuine interest in and love of children. She needs to be able to cook (not gourmet (!) but Bolognese/pasta/pasta sauces/fish pie/shepherd's pie etc). A good level of English is essential.

Duties include helping get everyone out of the door by 8.10 in the morning (teeth, shoes, coats, bags, snacks, drinks, bikes, scooters, helmets.....etc), tidying up after breakfast, emptying/loading the dishwasher, hanging out washing, preparing lunch, looking after 1 of the children whilst I do the afternoon school run, helping with tea, bathtime and bedtime, stripping the children's beds and occasional children's ironing (our cleaner does most of it).

She would have her own room and bathroom.

I look forward to meeting her!
marlenafischer
Share this post on:

Re: Can anyone recommend an Au Pair? - Between the Commons

Postby marlenafischer » Tue May 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi,
my name is Marlena, I am 18 years old and I live in Upper Austria.
I am looking for a lovely host family!

I will graduate from school in June. After school I want to become an au pair in the UK.
I love spending time with children, I have childcare references and my driving licence (for 2 years in July).

I have planned to start in September and to stay for 3-4 months (until Christmas).

Maybe you are interested!
Marlena
AmyMcLean
Share this post on:

Postby AmyMcLean » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi SallyP,

Did you have any success with finding an Au Pair. I have worked as a Au Pair in the past & now I have started my own family and looking for an Au Pair too. I had no luck finding any on my own so I have just joined an agency who has sent me through a few good candidates. I've been dealing with Eva from Little Ones London, you should give her a call as they seem to have a good base of people.
If you have any advice for me I would love to here if you have had success.

Amy
SallyP
Share this post on:

Postby SallyP » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Amy! I'm having a shocker. What's your number? I'll ring you to "share"!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.