When to start looking?

4 posts
Widger
Options:
Share this post on:

When to start looking?

Postby Widger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:45 pm

My son is 8 months old and I was told by a friend the other day that I had to get a move on with putting his name down now for a part-time nursery place for when he is 18 months to 2 years. Is this really the case? I would probably only want a few mornings or pm a week to start with.

I know that when I went to Westside Church parent and toddler group when my son was 12 weeks old, I went on a lengthy waiting list... lucky to get him in this September!!

Should I be looking around now? I don't want to be laughed at if I call up, or equally miss the boat.

I am close to Wee Ones, Brocklebank Early Years Nursery and Eveline Nursery so any ideas on these?

Thanks.
Megberry
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: When to start looking?

Postby Megberry » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 am

If it's a popular nursery, then sign them up as soon as you can,
some of my friends called them after their 12 week scan!

But fear not, I'm sure you're not too late, but wouldn't leave it too long, or you might not get the nursery of your choice.

Good luck! :)
ready2pop
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ready2pop » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Yes, if you are looking for 2 years and plus I presume you are talking about the pre-school type nurseries in which case lots of them get really oversubscribed.

I put my daughter's name down for quite a few as soon as she was born but being as her birthday falls in August we were already too late for a lot of them. Crazy!
Widger
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Widger » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Yikes! Best get a move on then. Thanks for reply.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.