Baby wearing in winter

5 posts
SGmummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Baby wearing in winter

Postby SGmummy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:01 am

Hi,

I'm bringing my 5 month old baby to Iceland for a holiday in early Jan but I'm clueless about how to dress the baby warm enough, especially when babywearing. I'm thinking of layering with vest +long sleeve onesies + snowsuit but snowsuit feels too bulky when baby wearing.

Any suggestions on number of layers, materials, where to buy etc.?

Thanks!
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Baby wearing in winter

Postby pie81 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:18 am

Best to keep the baby close to your body on the inside so they get your warmth, so thinner layers is better

You can get warm covers for the sling (fleecy/waterproof) which means the baby is still close to you and gets your body warmth but has protection on the outside.

Also if you have a maternity coat you might be able to do it up around the sling

Some merino or wool trousers and very warm socks to go over the baby clothes would be a good idea
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:20 am

I'd def recommend investing in a merino base layer or outfit from the merino wool place on northcote rd
They're made from finemerino wool. Silky soft merino is a breathable natural fibre which regulates body temperature, is kind to delicate skin, easy to care for, especially when away - will also mean your baby won't get too hot or got next to you.
Pop in they're really helpful in the shop
Enjoy Iceland!
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Replies we've had to your post on social media
Try Polarn O Pyret a Swedish brand that does great thermal layers. There is a merino baby clothes shop on Northcote road too. I have no experience but would go for thin layers, several of them in silk and merino as it's very warm and then you can more easily adjust the clothing if they're too warm.
Allegrasmummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Allegrasmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:54 am

Try the pookie poncho by 7am Enfant. It is an insulated carrier cover with a hood. Thin and warm layers on the inside and the cover over the carrier acts like a coat and shield all in one. I think you can even put your hands in to keep them warm.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.