Leaving BT broadband

3 posts
olive
Options:
Share this post on:

Leaving BT broadband

Postby olive » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello,
I am thinking of switching fibre optic broadband service from BT to Vodafone when the term ends. BT's fees are considerably higher than any other provider, whereas Vodafone does not charge for line rental. I know from my experiences neither BT nor Vodafone have good customer service once the sale is made.
My concerns are the transition of the Net connection as I work from home and cannot be offline, and the speed of Vodafone fibre broadband.
I appreciate any advice or shared experience.
Clare Lupton
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Leaving BT broadband

Postby Clare Lupton » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:12 am

Hi - I help people look at this - I provide a free and no obligation service looking at broadband, energy & mobile. If you'd like to have a quick chat to see if you might be interested in a review just PM me. Clare
millymoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Leaving BT broadband

Postby millymoo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Hello Olive...I have just left BT and joined Vodafone (yes I was sold by the adverts and the cheap cost/no line rental) but the router is in our basement and the connection barely works upstairs and I have not been able to connect the TV to the internet at all (either wired or wireless) I have phoned the customer service line several times and got a giggly bloke on the other end who has said once I have explained what I need that I sound a lot more technical than he is (hmmm why are you answering customer calls about broadband connections then :? ). I managed to connect all our devices with BT no problem and we could also run an additional router upstairs as they allow you to do so but Vodafone do not (apparently it is against company policy for domestic broadband users to have more than one router) I am seriously considering going back to BT now after all this as even though they are more expensive at least everything worked albeit with patchy reception at the week-end.

So my advice is to really investigate if you think Vodafone would be a better option. I find it amazing that reception is so poor with either provider in this area but I don't think that switching is necessarily the answer.

PS if there is anyone in Nappyvalley that can come round and help connect my TV that would be great! :lol:

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.