Dutch au pair seeking family from September 2011

2 posts
dutchaupair
Options:
Share this post on:

Dutch au pair seeking family from September 2011

Postby dutchaupair » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Hello my name is Maaike de Waal and I live in Bennekom, a small village in the centre of the Netherlands. I am 17 years old (in August 18) and I just graduated from high school. Next year I would like to be an au pair in England.

The reason why I want to be an au pair is because I like children and to take care of them and to fit in another family with other habits. I would also like to do something really different before going to university. I don’t know what to study yet, so I hope to find out while I’m doing something totally different.

I have had quite some experience with babysitting for about 5 years, and I like it very much. I do not mind what the age of children is. I took care of children who were just half a year old but also children around the ages of twelve and thirteen.

I like the atmosphere in England. That is the reason why I want to be an au pair in England.
I do not mind that it is quite near the Netherlands because it is about the experience itself and then it does not matter if it is in America, Australia or England.

I am an friendly, sportive and patient person and really excited to become an au pair in Enland.

Besides being an au pair I would like to improve my English and play hockey if that is possible.

I can be an au pair from September 2011 till May/June 2012, but I am flexible. I can start earlier but later is no problem, either.

I can give references. If you are interested I can send you more details about me.

Regards,

Maaike
Megberry
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Dutch au pair seeking family from September 2011

Postby Megberry » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Maaike,

Ik ben nu al een paar jaar in Engeland, ik begon eerst als au pair, en ik ben nu al een aantal jaren nanny...

Mag ik je een advies geven?
Kom naar Engeland voor 2 weken en kram heel veel interviews in die 2 weken en zorg zo dat je een baantje vind.

De goeie (en beter betalende) gezinnen willen altijd mensen even in levende lijven zien... Er zijn gewoon echt heel veel nare verhalen over au pairs die overkomen en het dan gewoon totaal niet klikt etc.

Er zijn uiteraard ook uitzonderingen, dat zeg ik niet, maar ik geef je alleen advies van wat ik hier heb geleerd.

kijk ook even op www.gumtree.com, dan klik je door naar London... daar vind je honderden mensen die au pairs zoeken..

Het is hier wel echt top hoor, echt een hele leuke stad.. succes!

Megan

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.