Does Having a Manicure Make you a Better Mum?

77 posts
Groucho
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Does Having a Manicure Make you a Better Mum?

Postby Groucho » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:47 pm

MM I think you are being incredibly immature name calling Mrs Amanda and being generally aggressive on here. I often have manicures but will never use your services having read your subsequent posts.

It is also a ridiculous title which manages to both patronise and inflame at the same time. By the way it is also NOT an analogy it's just an example which you have expanded upon in your post.
Honeymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Honeymummy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:37 pm

A lack of me time shows commitment to others, doesn't it ? it's challenging and rewarding, but if you look at it as a problem or guilt, you could be on a downward spiral. Anyone in their right mind escapes once in a while, so why convincing people that they have a problem ? Wrong angle. Offer manicures, ie fun and glamour, not psy, that's just too serious, your stats etc about mummies and 50ies...we all want a 'good' break !
Megberry
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Megberry » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 am

This reminds me off the apprentice when one of the members of team logic has made a mistake on the task (emergency biscuit anyone????) and then they're trying tk save themselves in the boardroom but it's too late..

Dom Dom Dom... You're fired *insert dramatic music*

Bring on the taxi

This might be less relevant but thought I'd lighten up this thread :)
secondtimer
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby secondtimer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 am

"it's all about what makes you as a mum smile...."

Well, here is my list...

- Watching my children sleep
- seeing my daughter take her first steps this week
- listening to the silly things my son says
- explaining why the world is the way it is (or trying to)
- getting a hug and being told they love you
- watching them grow up and learn new things
- seeing the small acts of kindness between siblings
- feeling so privileged that they are happy and healthy

These things all make me smile as a mum. Red nails and shoes don't feature. Sure, pampering, nice meals, the odd glass of red or a decent coffee in peace make me feel happier as a person. BUT NOT AS A MUM.
MGMidget
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MGMidget » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Having a manicure makes me a worse mum since I'm then more worried about chipping my nails than joining in with my son's games!

twice_as_nice
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby twice_as_nice » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45 pm

This is hugely funny. What a ridiculous way to promote a business - by insulting potential customers! Please, please can we get a 'like' button installed!
mrsmrcd
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrsmrcd » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Yes please to the like button! MG Midget - that's so, so true about being a worse mum! It's like when you wear lipstick and don't kiss your baby because of it!
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

the other day my husband took the kids to the park and told me I should do something for myself during that time and told me he would be gone no matter what for 2hrs... Bless him!
I did my nails because I never do a manicure - as we all know with the paying and the amount of wash up it is a bit of waste of time and money (if you get them done). I enjoyed the time on my own very much and I admired my nails. Then my older daughter came back, ask me "what's that mummy", touch them and chipped them. Well you know what it made me laugh, so much for nothing... :lol: And I didnt feel a better mum because of the nails, but I felt I was a lucky wife and have a very nice husband!
I will ask my husband for another two hours sometimes, but will take a book instead or run to the hairdresser ;)
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Sorry I meant "playing" not "paying"

juliamummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliamummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm

I've come rather late to this party, but voyeurism got the better of me, and I have just read these threads. Ckwmum definitely puts it best, and leaves me with little else to say other than:

* MM and Mrs Amanda, it's time to hang up the gloves - this is your me time, enjoy it
* I love having manicures, and pedicures, and massages etc etc, when I can afford it (not that often sadly), and although I'm pretty sure it doesn't make me a better mummy, it certainly makes me a more sane person for having that little bit of time out that is just about me. So that maybe makes me slightly selfish - but also makes me sane - which I think overall must be better for my little girl.
* Inspite of your unfortunately worded post, and even more unfortunately worded responses, I'm sure you're a very nice person MM, and I hope your business goes well - I expect you have already done this, but I'd re-think your trading name. You may not have the best rep in nappyvalley at the moment...
momtoamonkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby momtoamonkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Such a shame MM that you have to be so aggressive. You should have taken the advice from one of the earlier posts that the customer is always right and left it at that!!

I feel for Mrs Amanda for having an opinion that wasn't what you wanted to hear MM!

Must admit the posts made me laugh at first but then got me really frustrated and angry, enough to write a reply. Such a shame your marketing technique blew up in your face MM!
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby juliantenniscoach » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:43 pm

which poses the reverse question "does not having a manicure make me a worse dad?" ;)
secondtimer
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby secondtimer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Depends on the colour Julian! ;-)

EHMorris
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby EHMorris » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:45 am

I can't be bothered to read all of this thread but .."the colour red has magical powers" ?!! LOL!
mandmassage
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mandmassage » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 pm

I think MM is in dire need of a massage!!! (I joke!)

The highs and lows of the internet, it enables us to share our deepest emotion to a complete stranger, but it's really sad that MM had to be unneccessarily rude, but hopefully she will learn a few lessons after a few deep breaths, and maybe a manicure!

I do agree with me time though, if you have children or not!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.