my friends want to use my address to apply primary school of her son

17 posts
AbbieG
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: my friends want to use my address to apply primary school of her son

Postby AbbieG » Mon May 24, 2021 8:00 am

This wasn't the case when we applied. I can't see the 'usual address' on a birth certificate being much use anyway, because a lot of people will have moved by the time they're applying for school.
Northofforty
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: my friends want to use my address to apply primary school of her son

Postby Northofforty » Tue May 25, 2021 7:31 pm

I seem to remember that as Lambeth resident we had to upload a driving licence and council tax bill plus the child’s birth certificate and possibly a utility bill. You would need to somehow have your friend’s information on your council tax bill which could cause far more issues for you than simply telling your friend that you aren’t going to do it and shows clear intent to commit fraud.

On a more practical note it will take about 2 minutes for another parent to realise that they actually live well beyond the school offer distance for that cohort. Schools with small catchments also have parents who live very close to the school and are part of a very close community. Parents starting in the cohort with your friend will all have discussed the offer distance with friends, nursery buddies, book club mates, neighbours etc and will know how far the waiting list stretched and exactly who got in and where they live. Many will have older children and know the majority of other new reception families. From a cohort of 60 (2 forms) you may have 40 siblings and only 20 new families, it will be very obvious from a 5 min chat on day 1 if someone doesn’t live where they claim to. Many of these people will have friends and neighbours who have missed out on getting into that school and will happily report your friend. At best they aren’t ever getting invited to any social events!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.