Dont want to invite unvaccinated friends to a party

49 posts
Medicalmam
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Dont want to invite unvaccinated friends to a party

Postby Medicalmam » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:53 am

I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s father and hope he recovers quickly.
From the information you have given it sounds like he is still being investigated for his symptoms so it may be that the vaccine did not cause the problem but that it is a very unfortunate coincidence of timing. If it turns out that this case is a new side effect then it will be reported to the MHRA. It is best not to attribute this in public forums until proven.

I’d get everyone to do a test- the easiest way to keep everyone happy.
CharlotteAbbb
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CharlotteAbbb » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:20 am

Yes but Polio killed and disabled healthy children and young adults. It’s not at all the same. If you’re under 50 you have a 50% chance of having absolutely no symptoms at all if you catch covid and a 99.99% chance of survival. I’d have had the polio vaccine back in the day, I’ve had all my other vaccines, my children have had all their vaccines MMR the works. I am not anti vax. But this one there is absolutely no medical need for, for anyone my age. That is scientific fact. Nobody not the government not any vaccine manufacturer can give you the same certainty that this vaccine is not going to have long term effects, however far away. The pfizer vaccine mRNA tecnhology is not widely tested before this jab, and I’m sorry but who has ever had a vaccine or flu jab with the reactions that people are getting from the COVID jab? I don’t mean serious reactions, I mean the friends and we’ve all got them who have felt like absolute hell after their jabs and then felt fine and got on with life. That’s not a ‘normal’ vaccine in my life experience, not a single vaccine I’ve ever had including flu has put me in bed or given me a pounding headache for weeks. Anyway whilst they can say oh look millions have had this the last couple of months and they’re fine, they cannot because it’s impossible say who it may (or may not, admittedly) impact in 10, 20 years time. It’s a risk not worth taking for me. If I was over 50/ had an underlying medical condition I would get the COVID vaccine. But I am not. And those that are have had the chance to be double vaccinated so they are protected.
Scottov
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scottov » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 am

ilovecurry wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:49 pm Would love some input here if anyone could give a view. My wife and I are motivated to throw a summer party to celebrate my 40th which happened mid lockdown however we seem to be stuck at the first hurdle, the guest list. My wife's friendship group are quite free spirited and I know that several of them haven't had the vaccine. My wife herself did contemplate abstaining but thankfully (to my mind) stepped forward.
I don't want to throw a covid party and would prefer not to invite those who aren't vaccinated. We have had to isolate a couple of times over the last lockdown period and I don't want to do it again if it can be avoided.
She says that I am being ridiculous.
I think it should be perfectly reasonable to choose not to invite those who have decided against having the vaccine. There aren't hundreds of these friends, probably only 3 so I don't think it is such a big deal at all. Please help me get her to see sense?

If you’re fully vaccinated, what do you even care?

When your wife says your being ridiculous, she’s being kind (and I suspect diplomatic regarding her real thoughts).

Full disclosure, I’m fully vaccinated but I don’t think that makes me morally superior. That you do makes you sound like the worst kind of high status poseur

The unvaccinated are taking decisions regarding their bodies that ultimately don’t affect you.
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 am

@ Scottov "The unvaccinated are taking decisions regarding their bodies that ultimately don’t affect you."

That is a staggeringly short term, narrow minded view.  Viruses mutate all the time, and unvaccinated people provide more opportunities for mutation.  There is always a risk that one day, evolution being what it is, a mutation will emerge which isn't just more transmissable, like the delta variant, but is either more effective at evading vaccines and natural immunity, or is more lethal.  The way to minimise that is to minimise the risks of transmission by maximising vaccination.  It's not rocket science.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.