how do i clean one of those large irons when it beeps?

4 posts
coldatchristmas
Options:
Share this post on:

how do i clean one of those large irons when it beeps?

Postby coldatchristmas » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:48 am

Hi we have finally bought one of those larger irons with the base filled with water. It is constantly beeping but I have thrown the instructions out. I am assuming it needs cleaning but not sure how to do it without ruining it. Could anyone tell me what is best to do?
Tigger
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: how do i clean one of those large irons when it beeps?

Postby Tigger » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:59 am

By the sound of your post it's a relatively new purchase so why not simply Google the model number for the instructions?!!!?
mummo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mummo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Likely to be the limescale filter which you open and empty any water/scale. In ours it’s a fairly large knob which you screw open on the base of the unit. DON’T try to do it when it is hot though, you need to wait for the pressure to drop - at least you do with ours. Good luck!
coldatchristmas
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby coldatchristmas » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:31 am

thanks for all of your replies. I think it is something to do with the limescale. I did actually google and found a very helpful youtube video. It seems that we are missing a tray that we need to leave the iron on to whilst it expels the limescale so I have now purchased one of those from a spare parts company and hopefully that will do the trick.
Thanks for all of your helpful replies, much appreciated.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.