Private ADHD assessment and shared care for meds /clapham junction area

2 posts
clapham_junction_mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Private ADHD assessment and shared care for meds /clapham junction area

Postby clapham_junction_mum » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:02 am

can anyone recommend somewhere private to assess an almost 6Y old for ADHD which assessment/diagnosis can then be used by the nhs for medication under shared-care with GP (or saint george's) ?

we are looking for somewhere with some tie in/link with the NHS, we are on the pathway there but worry it may take too long.

thank you
Indianna
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Private ADHD assessment and shared care for meds /clapham junction area

Postby Indianna » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:14 am

Hi - I can't advise specifically on shared care between private/NHS but thought our experience may be helpful.
We got referrals on the NHS through school/GP and self referred privately at the same time. Took 3 months to get private appointment and 2 days before diagnosis appointment (1 appointment then second appointment followed to diagnose) we got an NHS appointment at St Georges the next week.  The private psychatrist speeded up his diagnosis and then when we went to NHS for what would have been an inital triage appointment, the consultant was happy to take the diagnosis (we used a CAHMS psychiatrist on Harley Street at Dr Giaroli and partners) and after discussion moved to meds.   Now on shared care with GP and NHS consultant for meds.
I was told at the beginning probably 18 months for NHS diagnosis but if we had gone through the whole NHS process it would have come for us quicker than that. My child already had an ASD diagnosis, an EHCP and a recommendation from an educational psychologist to assess for ADHD so we were taken seriously and no-one tried to fob us off with a parenting course or the suchlike.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.