Are airports as bad as the papers say?

19 posts
i'macowboy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Are airports as bad as the papers say?

Postby i'macowboy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:32 am

We flew from Heathrow Terminal 5 last week on a 9am flight. Got there 3 hours early (as advised by the LHR website) to find no bag drop until 2 hours before (we’d already checked in online and printed boarding passes). In the end they let us check in bags 2.5 hours early and there was zero queue; likewise with security - we flew through. I think it was the quickest I’ve ever got through to Departures! I was worried they might have overbooked the flight (our original - earlier - flight was cancelled and they must have put a lot of us on the 9am) but although the flight was completely full, I don’t think anyone was bumped. People with larger cabin bags were required to check them into the hold, though.
gemima
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gemima » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:39 am

Any updates re Gatwick airport please.  We haven't flown anywhere since 2019 and  are somewhat apprehensive!
Pink and Lilac
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pink and Lilac » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm

I put my daughter on a flight out of Gatwick early hours of Sat morning and it took her an hour to drop her bag and get through security. I would say that this was pretty quick given it is peak holiday season.

Just leave plenty of time, check in ahead of getting to the airport and if possible book security fast track for peace of mind - this isn't always available I hasten to add but if it is I would suggest it is worth doing.

Happy holidays.
gemima
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gemima » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:33 pm

So very kind of you Pink and Lilac.  Thank you so much.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.