Hair for cancer patients

4 posts
stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Hair for cancer patients

Postby stevehall » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 pm

Does anyone know (or preferably is) a hairdresser who will cut my hair for children with leukemia?

l have been growing my hair for three years and I am told it is now a useful length. I did it because l had a SCA and seemed like a little "thanks" to those on the coalface of the NHS.

Happy to travel anywhere in Freedom Card land or nearby.

Edit: there are very strict requirements re cutting, packaging, posting etc so I presume it is not just any kind hairdresser. The only one listed on the charity website did not reply one month ago. Others said no when they found l was a man and another wanted to charge me more than l have paid at hairdressers in probably 5 years. Do you ladies really pay those prices???
Fbay
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Hair for cancer patients

Postby Fbay » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:04 am

Hello, I have worked with https://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-hair in the past for children with cancer. If you have different preference for charity the page still gives the steps on how to cut your hair and keep it safe for sending. Any hairdresser should be able to do it, but I would ask around for someone to do it as cost or lower cost as support, maybe they could post on their socials.
stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby stevehall » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:13 am

Thanks. Fbay. Yes, they were the people l am looking to support.

I see many ladies with long hair. Do you really pay £80/£100 for a hair "cut?" I asked at one in Hounslow at the weekend but I am deaf and was struggling and they didn't seem keen to even understand. After three years it seems a waste to just say, "Ok, I tried. Short back and sides please."
Birchtree
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Birchtree » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:44 am

What a lovely thing to do! The Little Princess Trust even accept donations if you cut your own hair (they really need at least 12”) and they have a video telling you how to do it. You just need some elastic bands and clean and dry hair and some sharp scissors. Here is the link:

https://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-hair

Best wishes ☺️

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.