Honeywell, Holy Ghost or Belleville?

4 posts
pastelpeach
Options:
Share this post on:

Honeywell, Holy Ghost or Belleville?

Postby pastelpeach » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:01 am

Does anyone have any insight into the key differences between these three schools? I have heard great things about all of them but am keen to choose the right environment for our kids and not quite sure on what the differences are between them (if there are any!). I know Holy Ghost is a bit smaller and has a Catholic ethos (fine by us). Are there any key things which separate each school from the others? Thanks!
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Honeywell, Holy Ghost or Belleville?

Postby dudette » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:41 am

Holy Ghost doesn’t just have a Catholic ethos - it’s a Catholic school and unless your children are baptised Catholics and you attend Mass regularly I’m not sure you have much chance of getting in (it’s very small). As for the other two, it probably depends on where you live (Honeywell is notorious for having a tiny catchment area although things may have improved now the birth rate has gone down) - Belleville is bigger. Honeywell doesn’t have a uniform. Hopefully someone with a bit more up to date experience can give you a more enlightened answer 😂
Conflicted
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Conflicted » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:08 am

This was a very interesting thread about Honeywells recent ousted with some quite polarised opinions

viewtopic.php?t=125511
KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KatherineHepburn » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:22 am

Having had 3 kids go through Belleville I can highly recommend it. It is also a feeder school for Bolingbroke Academy which is great.
I would always recommend going to visit the schools during their open mornings though and just ask loads of questions from the parents showing you around. You'll soon get a good feel for what will suit you all best. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.