Starting a recovery meeting on the northcote road...@at the new library!

1 post
reresimon
Options:
Share this post on:

Starting a recovery meeting on the northcote road...@at the new library!

Postby reresimon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 pm

hello all,

this is a pretty delicate topic and i am a bit wary of how to approach it, this being a public forum.

best way is to be direct: I am a recovering addict (20 years clean), a recent service committment in a church in chelsea came to an end. i live off the northcote road and i am looking to open an NA meeting. NA stands for Narcotics Anonymous. yes, drug addiction.

i went to the library to enquire. my chosen day would be friday, at 1pm. every friday unless venie is closed.

two rooms are available and cost £20/30ph according to size. the smallest holds 10 people. i could do it without asking for anything BUT our program tells me the opposite. if i pay it all it myself becomes my meeting and it's against our traditions.

hence, i am exploring IF you guys believe it could be successful. basically, do you think poeple would come?

i know it's a million dollar question but hey, the amount of drugs i see consumed daily by people around me is staggering. i cannot walk in front of certain buildings without being subjected to clouds of smoke, and i am not talking about nicotine!

furthermore, if i were to start it do you think it would/could be possible to advertise it somehow? our program is a mixed bag when it comes to paid ads but some sort of promotion is accepted. this is why i mentioned how tricky the topic is.

kindly let me know your thoughts. i haven't made my mind yet but service keeps me clean. if it's not here it will be somewhere else.

thank you.

rere

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.