BFT Battersea 8-weeks training challenge review

2 posts
Luisa_Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

BFT Battersea 8-weeks training challenge review

Postby Luisa_Admin » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:41 am

NappyValleyNet recently held a competition for an 8-week training challenge with Body Fit Training. It sounded so promising that we were eager to give it a try ourselves!

BFT Battersea, located at Queens Circus near the big roundabout at Battersea Park, has been open for about a year and has cultivated a highly dedicated community. Upon receiving information about the challenge, we felt somewhat daunted. Could a mid-life mother of two, who struggles to maintain a consistent gym routine, manage to train 5 to 6 times a week? And alongside nutrition advice and weekly challenges, no less? With the mindset that 8 weeks can fly by quickly, I decided to give it a shot.
Never in a million years did I expect to have so much fun.

From day one, Charlie and the team were welcoming and supportive. I could train at my own pace and on my own schedule – a huge relief! However, it quickly became impossible not to get hooked and find myself attending daily. I never imagined I would become the type of person who eagerly looks forward to going to the gym, let alone making sure not to miss a weekend workout.

Describing BFT as merely a gym feels limiting now. Each day presents a different session, focusing on various body parts or types of exercise. You never have to worry about selecting complementary activities – they do it all for you! The trainers are not only amazing, full of energy and advice, but they also guide you every step of the way, ensuring you grasp each exercise and never making you feel like a beginner. The fact that they all remembered my name after just one session speaks volumes about the sense of community they foster. It's incredibly friendly, yet no one will pressure you if you need to catch your breath.

But it goes beyond that. With a heart monitor constantly tracking your heart rate, you can make the most of each session by training at the right intensity. And receiving a virtual medal at the end of each session based on your heart rate performance? It's incredibly addictive. While competing with yourself may sometimes lose its appeal, seeing your name next to a gold medal can truly make your day!
I can't begin to explain the difference a few weeks have made in how much stronger I feel. For the first time ever, I'm actually having fun and not dreading a workout or constantly checking the time, wishing for it to be over.

If a mid-40s mother of two who never enjoyed the gym before is eagerly looking forward to a Saturday session, I think that speaks volumes.

But don't just take my word for it. On Saturday the 23rd, BFT is hosting an open day with plenty of promotional offers and free training sessions.

Date: Saturday 23 March
Email battersea@bodyfittraining.com to book your free session today.
https://bftstudios.co.uk/
gemima
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: BFT Battersea 8-weeks training challenge review

Postby gemima » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:47 am

Hello,

I was the very, very lucky winner of this competition.  I signed up and didn't think about it again until I got the phone call from Nappy Valley.  This is what I have to say about BFT.

It is the most fun I have had in a gym - ever.  It's addictive.  There is fitness, there is fun, there is friendship and camaraderie.  However, the real reason for going is to see your fitness improve.

I went from a slouchy, sat-at-a-desk for 35 years person to someone who REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the gym.  No matter what class they threw at me I tried them all and felt like a completely different person within a very short amount of time.  My endorphins were raging (something I have never really felt at the gym) but what I really liked about BFT is that the trainers are really passionate about what they do.  They are so fit themselves!  They are professional and very committed.  They support you all the way.  No matter how fit or unfit you are they know how to deal with you and look after you.  I happen to have a very arthritic hip and if they saw me attempting to do an exercise that might exacerbate my pain they would quickly run over to me to do the exercise in a different way.  They were confident about this and never missed a trick.  People there are happy and motivated and are really trying to achieve fitness whatever their level.  Young and old.  No-one ever (and none of the members either) ever made me feel like the inexperienced, completely unfit newbie I was.  This gym is for everyone.  Everyone wanted me to do well.  Thank you to the very friendly team of (mainly Ozzie's) that have a smile on their face every day, enjoy their job, keep their airy gym clean, know their stuff and make it so much fun!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.