New Headteacher at The Roche School

2 posts
NVN News
Options:
Share this post on:

New Headteacher at The Roche School

Postby NVN News » Fri May 24, 2024 9:03 am

Jonny Gilbert BA (Cantab.), MA (Cantab.) has been appointed the new Headteacher at The Roche School, a family-owned independent prep school in Wandsworth. Jonny takes over as Head at the start of the 2024-25 school year in September from Vania Adams who is retiring after 14 years at the helm. 

Jonny was appointed Deputy Head when he joined The Roche School 10 years ago. “The Roche School is a very special place. I love working here and want to continue to see it thrive,” he says. “My personal goal in education is to contribute to a school that seeks to ensure the lifelong happiness of the child. This means of course great academics but it also means fostering global citizens with empathy and confidence.”

Jonny will oversee the ongoing expansion of Spanish Bilingual stream, successfully introduced at Reception two years ago. “The next few years will see it develop across the older years. The school's reputation as the only Spanish bilingual school in London is already growing and I want to build on that and embed the diverse open-minded and global outlook that makes The Roche School stand out.”

Click here to read more...
Ambeeeee
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: New Headteacher at The Roche School

Postby Ambeeeee » Tue May 28, 2024 7:19 am

For new parents wondering what this means, my view as a current and long term parent is it’s positive news. We will all miss Vania, who is a very special and brilliant Head. Jonny has been an extremely efficient and dedicated deputy. He is perhaps a quieter character than some other Heads you might meet but I don’t think that’s a bad thing as it’s definitely not all talk and no action (quite the opposite). He really understands the ethos of the school and is already so involved in the things that make The Roche a special place, that I don’t think the things parents have always loved about the school will change. I have a lot of faith in the new senior leadership team, they are all very child focused and have achieved impressive results for the children who have come through the school.

For what it’s worth, on the odd occasion when my children have had Jonny teach a lesson they have come home full of enthusiasm for him as a teacher (apparently he makes maths exciting). Good to know he is a good teacher as well as a leader.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.