Help with Shutters

18 posts
calgary
Share this post on:

Re: Help with Shutters

Postby calgary » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 am

We had shutters made for our large and tall bay window last autumn. I had 3 quotes and found that the two companies who use Chinese manufacturers (still 100% wood) came in within £100 and that a high end provider's quote was double - though admittedly you could see a difference in quality up front. We decided to go with one of the cheaper quotes and for just under £1300 (price depends on the area being covered) - SHutterly Fabulous. From the fellow who gave the quote to the installer, they were very professional and the end product looks better than I had imagined. The fitter did an absolutely fabulous job given our wonky windows. I could not have been more pleased!
MrsOctober
Share this post on:

Postby MrsOctober » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 pm

I have fitted out our house and a rental flat with shutters and can recommend Jane at Shutter Frontier. She gave me the best quote and the friendliest advice the first time round and then has matched/bettered the best quote ever since. If you're after white shutters then consider the MDF ones as they look the same once sprayed and cost a lot less. Most companies source their shutters from China, so you're looking at about an 8week wait.
Aliw
Share this post on:

Postby Aliw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 am

We used Nathan Clarke from Lifestyle Shutters and we were thrilled with the result. We chose MDF ones although the hard wood ones weren't very much more expensive. I would DEFINITELY recommend him and his team - a joy to deal with!

Tel: 01825 760722
Email: info@lifestyleshutters.co.uk
Web: http://www.lifestyleshutters.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.