Advice on Childminders for 2 babies under 1

3 posts
ayesheila
Options:
Share this post on:

Advice on Childminders for 2 babies under 1

Postby ayesheila » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi

I am looking for some advice on childminders for two babies from July (6 & 7 months old). Myself and an NCT friend are returning to work around the same time and plan to share childcare. The ideal arrangement would be a childminder who cares for the babies at our houses, alternating houses each week (we live 10mins apart). What I'm looking to understand is whether childminders can care for children outside thier own home and advice on how to find this sort of childcare. We would consider a nanny but it's unlikely we can afford it.

Many thanks,
mgb
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Advice on Childminders for 2 babies under 1

Postby mgb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm

What you have described sounds like a nanny share rather than a child minder, as from what I understand child minders take children into their home. I recommend you ring Amanda at Nappy Valley Nannies. She's very helpful and patient and will explain how child care in our area works in general, from au pairs to nannies to childminders, and the relative costs involved.

Amanda helped us to find the nanny for our share and we couldn't be happier with the result: 020 8946 5320

Good luck to you.
Gillak
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Advice on Childminders for 2 babies under 1

Postby Gillak » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes sounds like a nany share to me. I went back to work after 10 months full time and I found someone to share with who already had a great nanny on nannyshare.co.uk. The cost works out very similar to nursery but with more flexibility. We do 2 weeks at our house and 2 weeks at the other family's and it works really well. I was also much happier leaving my baby with a trusted nanny than going for a full time nursery when he was so young.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.