simultaneous Swimming lessons for 4 y-o and 18month old?

4 posts
boojackson
Options:
Share this post on:

simultaneous Swimming lessons for 4 y-o and 18month old?

Postby boojackson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

My son is nearly 5, and I'm looking for some good swimming lessons for him preferably on the weekend.
He did 2 years of Waterbabies, then has done various classes since then through both nursery and booked ourselves, but school now don't do any swimming with them for another year so we're looking for some lessons to start after the Easter holidays.
We also have an 18 month old who needs to start some swimming lessons, and whilst there a lots of options during the week, ideally we'd like to do these at the w/e too so that both kids have their swimming lessons at the same time!
Does anyone have any suggestions?!
annamike
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: simultaneous Swimming lessons for 4 y-o and 18month old?

Postby annamike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi! I have a 2 and half and 4 and half yr boys. I thought it was a good idea to have private swimming classes for both of them at the same time but it turned out the be a complete disaster. We went to South Swimming at Henry Cavendish. Teachers are amazing but they really struggle with my little one screaming for half hr whilst his older brother was happily going under water. Although my little one had 2 courses (with an adult) and feels comfortable in water, he was not happy at all being alone in the water with his brother and teacher. Good luck!
boojackson
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boojackson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm

thanks for the response! I've been trying to track down a swim school that runs both age group classes at the same time (or back to back so there's not too much waiting around!) so they can properly learn at their own level.....not easy!
balhamite
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby balhamite » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Try Tooting Leisure Centre, they run lots of classes on Saturdays and Sundays and divide the teaching pool in half so 2 different ages swim at once. You might be lucky and the times might work.
I have been taking my 18m old and have been really impressed with the classes and they are much cheaper than most.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.