washing machine broke down

4 posts
lazy-bones
Share this post on:

washing machine broke down

Postby lazy-bones » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Does anyone know a good washing machine fixer my machine wont spin anymore and its full of water to help :cry:
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: washing machine broke down

Postby papinian » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 pm

From what you are describing the motor or the belt has gone. I would guess that the motor has gone. You may find that you would prefer to replace the machine than pay the cost of replacing the motor (in my experience a replacement motor + cost of repairman costs approximately one third of the price of a replacement machine). If you call someone out, make sure that you give them the make and model of your machine and that whomever they send out brings the spare parts with them (or, at least, that if they come out without the spare parts and have to make a second visit, that you will not pay extra for that second visit). Particularly if the machine is still under warranty, I would suggest first trying the helpline of the manufacturer of the washing machine as, depending on the manufacturer, they may be able to organise for a repairman to call to you.
tintin
Share this post on:

Postby tintin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 am

MK Repairs deal with washing machine problems, are family run and reasonable.

Here's their website: http://www.mkrepaircentre.co.uk/
rcourtney
Share this post on:

Postby rcourtney » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 am

First step should be give the machine a quick check before calling anyone in, chances are it will be something very simple.

There will most Likly be a circular outlet on the bottom front of the machine. Place something to catch water under it, unscrew it, once all the water has drained (which could be a lot), pull out the outlet cover and check if there I a blockage. Guaranteed that it will be full of hair bands, loose change and collar stiffners. Pull all that out, re screw the outlet cover and try a cycle.

If that doesn't work then call someone.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.