What Baby Sling to buy!?

18 posts
motherbear
Share this post on:

Re: What Baby Sling to buy!?

Postby motherbear » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm

just to add to loving the Boba, our baby has never faced out, he loves facing in and the position is such that he can see everything and loves it. It can also go on your back so baby can face out

Easy to use and great features like key/bag holder and little pockets
Deb
Share this post on:

Postby Deb » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 pm

I have been in love with my Beco Butterfly forever - one of those things that was a 'best buy'. Like the Ergo it sits firmly on the hips taking all the weight off your back and shoulders. A borrowed Baby Bjorn also gave me bad back ache when baby was still small. But I could still use the Beco Butterfly on my back when she was over two - and I was four months pregnant!

Regarding the feeding, I used a Baba Sling indoors for feeding (once through the speeches at a wedding - nobody batted an eyelid as I had a black dress on and the sling was black. Also really great for having a small sleeping baby on your lap and close to you while sitting at the computer, and even pottering around the house, just takes the weight off and frees up your hands.

Back to the Beco (Ergo also looks good, I just don't know it). Beco has a great little fabric bit that attaches to support your baby's head when she/he falls asleep and/or protect from the sun - and when you don't need it it slides into a little pouch. When you aren't using the Beco it rolls up surprising small and you can stuff it into something so its easy to carry around. It also has fabric between you and the child making the whole thing including baby easy to transfer to another person if necessary. I used my Beco Butterfly almost every day of my daughter's life until after she was two and it still looks brand new.

I didn't worry about the 'facing out' issue as its strongly recommended that baby's don't face out until after six months due to hip problems. I loved the facing in, and so did my little girl. Probably depends on the child.

Good luck in researching and enjoy! I really miss those days of carrying a baby in a sling!
heloise
Share this post on:

Postby heloise » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Love the ergo. As for ebay, you need to look at the feddback score of the seller you are buying it from.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.