which Phil and Teds?

3 posts
sw11_
Options:
Share this post on:

which Phil and Teds?

Postby sw11_ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 am

Sorry if this has been asked before but when i search on the website i mainly get adverts for people selling buggies - not discussion posts...

I will soon have a new born and a 2 year old and want to buy a double buggy. Have been convinced that a phil and teds will be better than a side by side, but there are so many different phil and teds models available - the current models seem to be:

Classic
Dot
Navigator
Verve
Promenade

It is hard to find somewhere that sells them all so it isn't easy to compare them and decide which one to buy. I was wondering if anyone on here can comment on the merits of one model vs another? I know there are some older models but am only really interested in the 5 current ones shown above, as i'd like to get a new/up to date model.

Thanks in advance
SFMC
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: which Phil and Teds?

Postby SFMC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry no input re. P&T's specifically but my own research re. double push chairs the iCandy Peach Blossom 2 (the new version!) seem very highly rated and is not a side by side. I think it is also lighter than the P&T's. So you might also want to look into that model. Looks really good.

Looking forward to reading feedback on P&T's.
jess123
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: which Phil and Teds?

Postby jess123 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 pm

We have a Dash P&T which we've had 3 1/2 years (2 kids and ready for the next) and all that has gone wrong so far is the odd puncture. We use it everyday on rough terrain in the park so it's had a fair bit of use. We chose the Dash on the advice of the experts at the A3 Baby Barn - an out of town shop located next to Claygate golf course off the A3. They refused to sell certain versions of the P&T as they found them to break easily. I always think it's worthwhile going somewhere like this to get the proper advice. I hope this helps. Worth looking into another type like the previous posted mentions - the P&T was all that was available at the time. It is heavy so I have a Maclaren with buggy board stored in the car for use when out with the car as I wouldn't want to be lifting it in and out.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.