Get Prepared for Life with your 2nd Baby, Baby Care Company

7 posts
ESA
Options:
Share this post on:

Get Prepared for Life with your 2nd Baby, Baby Care Company

Postby ESA » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:11 pm

If you're pregnant with your 2nd baby, I run a tailored and local 2hr class held in the morning or evening to help you get prepared for life with your 2nd baby.

I group the classes by age gap so you get to meet others going through the same as you.

This class gives you time to learn what life will be like with 2, discovering tricks/techniques for coping, and simple techniques to minimise jealously to maintain that special relationship with your first child.

I go through things to do before you give birth to help you get ready, and give a refresher on areas of baby care that you feel you need - maybe this is all aspects if you have a larger age gap, or developing good sleep patterns and feeding if you've got a smaller gap.

If you would like to find out more or book a place/check availability, please contact me, Eilish on info@thebabycarecompany.co.uk or 020 7228 1041. My website is http://www.thebabycarecompany.co.uk

I keep updating class dates on the website, but those coming up in the evening are as follows
10th October - 2-3 yr gap
11th October 3yr+gap
24th October 1 - 1.5yr gap
25th October 2-3yr gap
7th November 2-3yr gap
8th November 3yr+ gap
21st November 2-3yr gap
22nd November 3y+gap
28th November c1 - 1.5yr age gap
5th December 2-3yr gap
6th December 3yr+gap

Here are some testimonials from some recent mums-to-be.

Thank you very much for the very informative class ‘Preparing for the 2nd and coping with 2’. It was full of just the right amount of practical information, as well as the gentle reminders of what there is to think about when you are having a baby. I particularly enjoyed dedicating the time to the 2nd pregnancy and the 2nd baby which is sadly much less than with the first. In addition the takeaway paperwork serves as a super checklist to work with in the last few weeks. Many thanks and I will most certainly recommend to other expectant mums.
(September 2012, Refresher Class /2nd baby prep class 19m gap, Victoria B-H)

Just wanted to say many thanks for your class last week. I picked up some really useful tips on managing with two little ones and found it reassuring to re-visit newborn care. The tutorial style was perfect for me - and loved the handouts.
(September 2012, Refresher Class /2nd baby prep class 20 m gap, Kerry)
The Baby Care Company
www.thebabycarecompany.co.uk
1st and 2nd baby preparation classes in the local area.
ESA
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Get Prepared for Life with your 2nd Baby, Baby Care Comp

Postby ESA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I just wanted to share the updated 2nd baby preparation class dates coming up by age gap, and a couple of testimonials from last months classes (there are more on my website).

If you'd like any further details please email Eilish on info@thebabycarecompany.co.uk or visit http://www.thebabycarecompany.co.uk, 020 7228 1041.

7th November 2-3yr gap
8th November 3yr+ gap
21st November 2-3yr gap
22nd November 3y+gap
28th November c1 - 1.5yr age gap

5th December 2-3yr gap
6th December 3yr+gap

9th January 2-3yr gap
16th January 3y+ gap
23rd January 1 - 1.5yr gap

(all classes are at 8.15pm)

I most enjoyed the session on breastfeeding and how to split time between baby and toddler. The class was very thorough with a huge amount of information covered. I’m now less worried about what it will be like with two!
(October 2012, 2nd baby prep class, 2yr gap Katherine M)

Good practical advice, easy to apply to everyday life with lots of great tips.
(October 2012, 2nd baby prep class, 2yr gap Sarah H)
The Baby Care Company
emanu_ela
Share this post on:

Postby emanu_ela » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:00 pm

I have attended the 2nd baby preparation class on the 7th November. I'm now 26 weeks pregnant and my older son is going to be nearly 3 when baby number 2 arrives.

The class was really good, and full of useful advices. Eilish goes through all the difficult aspects you might encounter when having a second baby.
The class is held in a very friendly environment and I got to meet other mums due more or less the same week as I am. We instantly clicked and we are now meeting regularly with our little ones while supporting each other during this second pregnancy.

I'm glad I've sign up to this class instad of the usual NCT group as it fitted around my schedule and I got to know people that lives around my area.

We went away with some notes nicely printed by Eilish and they will come at hand very soon as a checklist...I have to admit I haven't prepared anything yet for the baby so having some reference will help me a lot.

I will definitely recommend this course to other mums!

Love,
Manu x
ECHJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Get Prepared for Life with yo ur 2nd Baby, Baby Care Com

Postby ECHJ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

I attended the 2nd time Mums course on 16th December and found it to be really useful. Despite having a relatively small gap between babies (18 months) I had forgotten some of the key points and it was useful to revisit some topics such as sleeping and feeding where I might have fallen into bad habits first time round! I found the section on introducing the new baby to my toddler very helpful as well as tips for coping with 2 children at once. Eilish is really approachable and knowledgeable - she was available for a phone call when it looked like my planned home birth would turn into a C-Section. I would recommend the Baby Care Company to both first and second time Mums.
ESA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ESA » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 am

Here are the dates of my 2nd baby preparation classes coming up by age gap (later dates are on my website http://www.thebabycarecompany.co.uk)

7th February 3yr+ gap
19th February 1 - 1.5yr gap
27th February 2-3yr gap

13th March c 2yr gap
19th March 3yr+ gap
26th March 2-3yr gap
27th March 1-1.5yr gap

10th April 2-3yr gap
24th April 1-1.5yr gap

Some recent testimonials

Great refresher and some very good ideas that I hadn’t thought of for coping with two. Good opportunity to meet other local mums and I like that the classes are organised by due date and age gap. Especially liked reminders of life with a newborn and good ideas for coping with 2.
(December 2012, 2.5yr gap Shannon L F)

A great quick refresher course to remind you of what it is like to have a newborn again and some helpful tips on how to cope with having two kids. It’s given me a lot to think about, mostly in terms of the toddler.
(December 2012, 2yr gap Tia O’F)

A stimulating reappraisal and reassurance about coping with 2. Especially liked the reminders about baby essentials and common sense advice on logistics.
(December 2012, 2.5yr gap Vivienne G)

If you would like to find out more about the classes or check availability, then please contact me on info@thebabycarecompany.co.uk or on 020 7228 1041
The Baby Care Company
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wellbeing-guide
https://recentre-health.co.uk/womens-health-support/
https://www.flowan-health.com/
https://www.thesmartclinics.co.uk/
https://merrygoround.club/
ESA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ESA » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:20 pm

I just wanted to update the dates of my classes coming up by age gap. If you'd like any more details about the classes or to check if there's space available, please get in touch on info@thebabycarecompany.co.uk
Thanks
Eilish

26th March 2-3yr gap

10th April 2-3yr gap
11th April 3y+ gap
24th April 1-2yr gap

1st May 3yr+ gap
8th May 2-3yr gap
15th May 1-2yr gap

5th June 2-3yr gap
12th June 3yr+gap
19th June 1-2yr gap

11th July 2-3yr gap
15th July 1-2yr gap
16th July 3yr+ gap

Here are some testimonials from recent classes too..

A useful reminder of how to deal with a newborn alongside some invaluable pointers on how to make the sibling relationship work, in a friendly environment. Good to meet people in the same situation and exchange pointers on how to deal with potential problems arising. Breastfeeding element really useful as I had forgotten the details.
(February 2013, 5yr gap Kate B)

Although my first baby is only 14 months, I have forgotten most of the preparation involved in having a newborn. Not having had the time to read and learn about everything needed for a newborn as I did the first time around, The Baby Care Co. course was a great summary and reminder in one fell swoop.
(February 2013, 16months gap Miriam G)

It was great to meet other mothers with a similar gap who can relate. Also to have a refresher of some of the fundamentals as you forget these so quickly.
(February 2013, , 16months gap Laura W)

A super refresher that recapped things that I had forgotten and helped me to consider how the practicalities of daily life with 2 would work. Lots of fantastic tips for ensuring the 2 children get on and how to deal with daily tasks - especially feeding.
(February 2013, 19months gap Emma D)
The Baby Care Company
Estate
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Estate » Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 am

I have attended Ellish course to prepare for the arrival of my second baby whilst I had a toddler who was just over one year. I found it absolutely essential, I am glad I did not underestimate how much more life changing a second addition can be.I loved the fact that her course was practical yet addressing some emotional issues for which I had time to think about. I also persuaded my husband to attend, as the course was practically scheduled in the evening. I met nice mums and dads and I def think Ellish is the baby guru so I could not recommend her enough!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.