Which indie schools with no first come first served policy?

4 posts
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Which indie schools with no first come first served policy?

Postby SabineMum » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to work out which Independent Schools in SW11 have a different selection process from the usual first come first served process seen at Eaton Manor House for example. I'm basically trying to create a list of schools for each of those categories so that I can sort out the schools we might potentially get in from those for which we are far too late (we're looking for a Reception place in 2014).

Thanks!
Batterseamummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Which indie schools with no first come first served poli

Postby Batterseamummy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Newton Prep isn't and neither is Hill House (although that's SW3 but not far from North Battersea). Not sure about any others further afield in SW11 though.
topmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby topmama » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Thomas's and Newton Prep... however both require the child to go through their 'assessment' process.
:(
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SabineMum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Thank you both for your input. I hadn't thought of Hill House - I also thought it might be one of the most expensive independents in SW London, but it looks like it isn't. I like the international angle (we're a half English half French family with no hope to get into the French Lycée). I'd be interested to hear what you know of Newton Prep (I've heard it's for the more gifted and that there are hygiene issues at the school) and Thomas's (which I believe wouldn't be quite eight for our son who's a little shy but perhaps I'm wrong).

Thank you!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.