Hall school Wimbledon

2 posts
fchapman
Share this post on:

Hall school Wimbledon

Postby fchapman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi,

I am considering hall school for my son and Would be grateful for some first hand information from anyone about the school...pros and cons? We have unfortunately left applying to schools to the last minute which means he is not on any waiting lists for sept 2014. Hall schools website and ousted report look great but I would appreciate a parents viewpoint...

Thanks!
lorrwa
Share this post on:

Re: Hall school Wimbledon

Postby lorrwa » Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 am

Assume you are looking at the junior school. my 2 children go there, have since reception. Its a very international school, lots of expats some year groups more so than others, children from Japan, Korea, Denmark, France, Brazil, Russia to name. This can mean there is a lot of movement in classes at the end of terms (end of parents assignments and they go back home, or another country) and new joiners. Bit sad for the children in that they lose good friends, but they seem to move on pretty quickly. Most families live Wimbledon, Kingston Hill, New Malden, raynes park direction, a few from Southfields, hardly any from Wandsworth, does mean playdates are a bit hard work, but do-able. And school run journey from Wandsworth is not as bad as you might think.

The classes are small (they say max 22, but my children are in classes of 15) and they group by ability in spelling, english and maths from year 1, its subtle, but they do it.

Great location on Wimbledon Common, and they use it for all sorts of lessons. Emphasis on good behaviour, good manners, well exercised rounded children and great lunches. I dont think its the place for a child genius, but could be a good place to start to maybe move at 8.

If you want to message me directly happy to make contact with more info

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.