American Moms in/around Teddington?

34 posts
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

American Moms in/around Teddington?

Postby NewMom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:45 am

Just wondering if there are any other American mommies living in or around Teddington? I'm an American who has lived happily in the UK for 4.5 years but since having my first baby a few weeks ago, I'm feeling a bit homesick. I would love to meet any other American mommies in the area who are in the same situation!
wulffmamma
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: American Moms in/around Teddington?

Postby wulffmamma » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Hello! I'm an American mom of a one year old boy and I'll be moving to London with my Swedish husband next week! We'll be in Catford for a month while we look for apartments, but its so hard to know where to look. I saw your post and thought I'd reach out and maybe you can give me some insider info. It's hard the first little bit when the baby is so new, but it gets easier. I'm sure you're doing a great job! :-)
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewMom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi! It's hard to know where to look for a place to live when you're moving to a area you don't know at all. We had the same problem when we arrived here from the U.S. The areas of Teddington, Richmond and Twickenham are lovely and great for families with kids--very leafy and green, with lots of parks and things to do, but without the hustle and bustle of living in London. Good luck with your move and please get in touch if you end up settling in the area!
LAmom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LAmom » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 am

Hey!!!

I am an American mom :) I've lived here for about 6 years and have a 15-month old girl. I totally understand what you are feeling as I was going through the same. The first 4 months are the toughest and then it does get easier :) I live in Feltham at the border of Hampton/ Richmond (where the big Sainsburys is). My dentist is in Teddington and a dear friend also lives there. I've actually been to a few baby clinics there, have you? Let me know if you would like to meet up :)
Tc
Katyliz233
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Katyliz233 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Hello! We've been over from NY for years now, but I love meeting fellow transplants ;). Little one isn't so little anymore (he's 8), and we're in Twickenham. Hope you settle into the new routine & feel free to drop me a line.

imkacee
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby imkacee » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Hiya! Ditto for me! I've been here about 8 years (from Virginia) and have a 3 & 5 year old (first day of school today - yikes!). We moved to Old Isleworth (near St. Margarets/Richmond/Twickenham) a few months ago and I would love to meet some local American moms! My email address is imkacee@gmail.com. I hope things are getting better! Do get in contact! Kristi
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewMom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi LAmom, Katyliz233 & imkacee,

Thanks for your messages! I'm so excited to learn there are some other American moms near by! Would you all be interested in meeting up somewhere for a coffee and a chat? Perhaps somewhere on the high street in Teddington, if that's easy to reach for everyone?

Look forward to meeting you all!
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewMom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

P.S. LAmom--I'd love to know who your dentist is because I need to find one in the area and have been looking for a recommendation.
imkacee
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby imkacee » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey! I'd love to meet up sometime. I generally work Tuesday and Wednesday. Let me know when works for everyone else.

wulffmamma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wulffmamma » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:18 pm

I'd love to join you! I have been on London now a week and found an apartment in Raynes Park. We move in on the 28th. I'd be happy to meet some american moms, and don't mind a little trip on the train :-) My son is a year old, so I'm a new mom and new to London :-)
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewMom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Congratulations on finding a place, wulffmamma! It would be great if you would join us!

I'm not working so I just have to schedule things around baby massage, baby swimming class, etc. Best days for me at the moment are usually Monday afternoons 3:00 and after, Tuesdays all day, and Wed afternoons 3:30 and after.

Are any of those days/times good for the rest of you?
wulffmamma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wulffmamma » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Thanks! I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm free anytime, but since I'm a bit far away from you, for now until we move, I can meet a bit earlier in the day. But after 3 would work once I get to Raynes Park after the 28th :-)
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewMom » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:09 am

Sorry for my slow response on scheduling a time to meet up this week! A couple things came up but I'd definitely like to get together soon.

For those of you who would like to meet up, would any of the following times work for you? We could plan to meet at the Starbucks on Teddington high street, if that works for everyone?

Wednesday the 18th at 2:00
Tuesday the 24th at 1:30
Thursday the 26th at 1:30

LAmom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LAmom » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:27 am

Ladies I work Tues Wed Thurs so can only do Mon or Fri. Let me know if either of those days work for you. If the weather isnt so bad we could take a stroll in Bushy Park. My Lil one is a bit hyper active so meeting up outdoors would be ideal. :)
NewMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NewMom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 am

Fridays aren't very good for me, but I could do a Monday. My next couple are booked, but Monday, Sept. 30th in the afternoon (2:30 or after) would work. Would that work for everyone else? And I'm fine with giving Bushy Park a try--hopefully the weather will be a little better than it's been the past few days!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.