Repeated dead phone line

19 posts
maxey
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Repeated dead phone line

Postby maxey » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:16 am

I spent 4 hours on the phone to BT to a security expert - I had to pay. Turns out I had Malware placed in my machine which is a MAC.
Check out your own machines - there are a load of crooks out there :twisted:
Bonnijump
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bonnijump » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 pm

BT is so useless! It took them two weeks after we moved to the new house to get internet started, (although we told them month in advance) also Landline took nearly a week! We're now with Virgin for the internet.

Best story: BT Landline was dead two weeks ago. They said we no longer have an account with them. :shock: ???? Last and actually first bill for new house was due just a few days later. We now also have Virgin for landline.

Landline and internet troublefree? Better don't use BT! :D
Calaya
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Calaya » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 pm

We live on grandison road BTC and we're with virgin. We had no phone line twice this year. Once for 8 days and another time for 3 days. I have been living in the UK for 13 years and for most of that time I was with BT and never had one disconnection. I thought the issue was with Virgin and was ready to switch back to BT but the OP does not seem to be very positive on any operator.
Any recommendation?
mylifestory
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mylifestory » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 am

if your phone line goes down for a day at a time or more its usually the actual cable (yes man up the pole!) that's to blame. they get cracks over time and you'll usually find this happens soon after rain getting into them so liaise with the weather to report your problem!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.