Clinic for Newborn Son Circumcision Needed

34 posts
dansk1234dance
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Clinic for Newborn Son Circumcision Needed

Postby dansk1234dance » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 am

papinian

Please read this article from the Mayo Clinic. The Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical practice and medical research group based in Minnesota, USA. It is the first and largest integrated not-for-profit medical group practice in the world, employing more than 3,800 physicians and scientists and 50,900 allied health staff

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/circum ... y-its-done
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks.
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello Everyone
This topic has obviously stirred some strong feelings and I feel I need to step in to do a little moderation.

The original request was for information, not to open a debate.

I understand some people feel very strongly that circumcision is wrong but we are a local community forum and if someone has requested information then unless that request is illegal then it should be allowed to stand.

That request should also not be hijacked by those with a different agenda.

Likewise I have no intention of stopping those people who feel strongly about circumcision actually having a debate, although please remember that we should be a local friendly neighbourly forum and we all attend/visit the same schools/parks etc.

So I have split the debate into two.

The original request for information is here:

http://www.nappyvalleynet.com/mums/view ... 15&t=41093

I have also "spliced" in some replies which answered the original question.

Please only contribute to THAT thread if you have useful information that might help the original poster. Any comments that seek to enter a debate on whether or not we should go down the circumcision route will be removed as soon as I am aware of them. Answer the question or don't post at all.

Please feel free to continue the debate about whether or not circumcision is a positive course of action here in this thread, but I must remind everyone to be respectful of other peoples views and to remind you all that legally you are all responsible for anything you write on NappyValleyNet.

Thank you everyone for using NVN!

A
Casper
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Casper » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 pm

I am amazed that this practice is still legal in this country. It is just staggering that some believe that it is necessary for hygiene reasons - why not just teach good hygiene? As for the religious reasons..... Poor little boys. It shocks me what goes on in this world sometimes.
pearlywhite
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pearlywhite » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh gosh, that video was very upsetting.

As a parent I don't think I could stand by and listen to my baby cry like that because of something I'd chosen to do to him. Really quite shocked.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.