activities for 3 to 4 years old?

3 posts
mmb
Options:
Share this post on:

activities for 3 to 4 years old?

Postby mmb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi, my son is 3.5 and attends nursery school in a state school but only part time and I would like to find activities for the days he does not attend. For what I have found/tried so far, I feel that most free or nearly free activities/playgroups are more orientated to younger children (eg. rhyme times in library, the Bees Knees at Battersea Art Centre...).
Any suggestions for a limited budget?
Otherwise I am also considering a private day nursery, for say 1 or 2 sessions/week which I could fund with childcare vouchers. Does anyone know of nurseries that would offer only 1 or 2 sessions /week and having vacancies at the moment?
We live in Clapham (north side of the Common), so ideally something local.
Thanks!
BalhamMumWorkingFT
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: activities for 3 to 4 years old?

Postby BalhamMumWorkingFT » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:05 pm

I completely understand. I assume it is the case of just wanting to get out of the house for a couple hours a day or less with an activity in mind.

Leisure Centre's offer good cheap soft play and alot of times have things like bouncy house time. Check out Latchmere on Burns Road or Clapham Leisure Centre in Clapham Manor.

For a big trip out, off peak hours, the National History Museum or the Science Museum are great days / half days out. Donation to enter (if you like) and usually have fun things on for pre-schoolers.

Playball is really fun for kids of that age to. Again, I don't think it is overly expensive, but haven't been into it for a while so things could have changed.

The other thing to do is host playdates at your place. It's usually easier to entertain 2 kids than one kid, I find. An it completely tires them out... all that fun play!

Good Luck.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.