Fantastic builder needed please

14 posts
Ophelia
Options:
Share this post on:

Fantastic builder needed please

Postby Ophelia » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 am

Hello,

I'm based in the Hampton area and need a fantastic builder for a double storey extension.

I would like someone who is reliable, hardworking and good value for money.

Please send their details my way.

Thanks
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Fantastic builder needed please

Postby VicksB » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 am

Hello, got your email on my phone but can't find on here. We have used Fine Arrow, literally don't have a bad word to say against them after 8 months and basically a re built house. They do a lot of work in Fulham which is where we found them as they did a basement for our next door neighbours and when we found our house and it needed gutting I got them to quote. Julian and his guys are lovely and work v hard. His no is 07961 584 477. Tell him Victoria Burrage recommended him. For us he has stripped our house back to the bare bones and redone and also done a 2 storey extension and side return.
Good luck!
SofieW (Admin)
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SofieW (Admin) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:24 pm

We tweeted your request and this local builder came highly recommended:

"Cant beat Paul Molloy of Strawberry Hill: 07973259986"
clairetheosteo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby clairetheosteo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 am

Hello there, I would definitely recommend our builder Gerry Hogan. Based in twickenham and most of their work is local. He made our downstairs open plan and did our loft extension too. Really happy with their work and they were also great around our kids which is important if you have a young family. You are welcome to see their work here if you like or have more questions.
His number is 07958211369.
Best wishes
Claire
Bluebird27
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bluebird27 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:33 pm

VicksB - Thanks very much for your recommendation of Julian at Fine Arrow. Based on your glowing review, I thought I would give him a call for the building works we are having done on our home. He came around this afternoon to quote and both my husband and I were really impressed with him. He seems incredibly competent and honest so I am really looking forward to see what he comes back with as I would really like to work with him. Did you find his rates competitive?

VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi bluebird,

He isn't the cheapest but also not the most expensive and is very belt and braces, but I feel we have really got our money's worth. He has done a great job, and all his guys are lovely. We moved in last Friday and are still surrounded by builders, but they are all great and hard working, and sweet with my 2 year old. I am pregnant and they won't let me carry anything! Living with builders is pretty painful but def made better when they are all very nice! You are welcome to come and see our house if you would like.

Vicks
Bluebird27
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bluebird27 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Vicks - So kind of you, I just may take you up on your offer, thank you.
Im 7 months pregnant as well, so Im really hoping to find a builder that can make the process as hassle free as possible, as I will be the project manager on this whole thing. And it sounds like thats exactly what you have found with Julian. I bet you are thrilled to move back in. I'm so jealous, I wish our home were done already! Id def love to see yours. Ill be in touch soon! Thanks again! x
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Sure anytime. Just let me know.

We have actually only just moved to the area, so haven't had too much to cope with but have done literally the whole house and totally stripped back what was existing, but since we moved in haven't really had a kitchen, playroom or sitti g room! Julian is really pushing the guys to get it finished for my sons bday party this Sat so there is an end in site!

Let me know if you want to pop round, otherwise put your feet up pre works and baby! X
Bluebird27
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bluebird27 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi Vicks,

Just had another meeting with Julian and he showed us a few little snippets of your amazing kitchen - so now I'm just dying to see it in person. Would you mind if I came by to see your beautiful home? If its an inconvenience, not to worry at all no pressure. Have a great day! x

Larapru
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Larapru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:45 pm

We are having a two storey extension our builder Steve has been great. Very happy to recommend. We are in Burtons road if you want to visit.
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Sure no problem. The guys are still here tiling the kitchen floor so the house could look better but you are v welcome to come and see! Flexibility time wise ask Julian to bring you as I am often out with my toddler, otherwise we are home after 5 for his supper each day! Whatever is easiest for you! X
surfthewave
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby surfthewave » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm

VicksB wrote:Sure no problem. The guys are still here tiling the kitchen floor so the house could look better but you are v welcome to come and see! Flexibility time wise ask Julian to bring you as I am often out with my toddler, otherwise we are home after 5 for his supper each day! Whatever is easiest for you! X
Hi, can you share the phone number or contact details of the builder? thanks.
VicksB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby VicksB » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

e have used Fine Arrow, literally don't have a bad word to say against them after 8 months and basically a re built house. They do a lot of work in Fulham which is where we found them as they did a basement for our next door neighbours and when we found our house and it needed gutting I got them to quote. Julian and his guys are lovely and work v hard. His no is 07961 584 477. Tell him Victoria Burrage recommended him. For us he has stripped our house back to the bare bones and redone and also done a 2 storey extension and side return.
Good luck!

AlisonThacker
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AlisonThacker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I would highly recommend 'Open Space.' They were absolutely fantastic for us and, in turn, for our friends who recommended them.

They were very competitive on price in terms of the 3/4 quotes we got and were very detailed about costings up front and completed the job on time and on budget.

Incredibly efficient - started work by 8am every day and out and clean by 5. His name is Alastair Edmonds - charming young man - and builders mostly Polish so they are very competitive on price. Details on their webisite: www.openspacelondon.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.