How much will you spend on a gift for teacher?

3 posts
imnotyou
Options:
Share this post on:

How much will you spend on a gift for teacher?

Postby imnotyou » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:32 pm

I guess Its time to start thinking what to buy for my child's teacher as a thank you for her hard work. :D

It seems that giving gifts at Christmas or at the end of term to teachers has become the norm. But what will you choose to give? Flowers? A homemade gift? Nice smellies? It seems some competitive parents have taken gift giving to teachers to a whole new extreme as some spend hundreds on presents.

My friends say the tradition of giving presents to the teacher has become a competitive sport at school as well as ploy to 'help' their children get a place at over-subscribed secondary schools.

Research has revealed that some parents shower teachers with expensive gifts such as premium champagne, designer jewellery and perfume, watches, £1000 gift vouchers and in one case the free use of the family's villa in Dubai.

What are you planing to give? I would hate to be considered tight :cry:

PLEASE HELP
Eire~mama
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How much will you spend on a gift for teacher?

Postby Eire~mama » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Last year I bought two boxes of prosecco on special offer from waitrose and the wine gift bags from pound land and viola ; lovely pressie s for teachers, helpers and tutors all round and cost me £14 in total I think
Eire~mama
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How much will you spend on a gift for teacher?

Postby Eire~mama » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Sorry I meant £34 for 12 pressies and they all seem delighted !

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.