New refuse collection - inefficient?

18 posts
Vives09
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: New refuse collection - inefficient?

Postby Vives09 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 am

Another thing to note is that although the libraries are supposed to be supplying extra orange bags, demand is very much higher than supply and the last three times I've been to the library (which is hard enough to get to since they've cut the hours) there haven't been any left! Our recycling is now having to go in the landfill bags, but it's the only thing left that we can do - there are only so many orange bags I can borrow from other people since we all have the same issues.
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 am

I think the recycle level in wandsworth is very poor compare to some other boroughs in greater london. In greenwich, they have compost collection, recycle and other bags. They can put all plastics in their recycle bags.
I remember asking the same question in a thread for the leader counciller, being given an answer that was really not saying anything concrete and now nothing. I think wandsworth has no will to really engage with the recycling and to instill some good changes in our living habits. Until then, all we have is 3 rolls each or luck at the library. Very poor indeed.
Vives09
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vives09 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:39 am

I moved here from Haringey, where we had a landfill wheelie bin which was a much better way to store rubbish until the whole lot was tipped into the truck. We also got a bin for recycling, a bin for putting food waste in for composting and regular street collections for large items and garden waste. I was really shocked when we moved to Wandsworth at the poor waste collection (and that was before these changes). That said, Haringey has one of the highest rates of council tax and Wandsworth has one of the lowest so, as someone else has said before, I suppose you get what you pay for!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.