Too many advertisements on this site these days!

18 posts
clapset
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Too many advertisements on this site these days!

Postby clapset » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 am

It's literally nanageddon! This is how civil wars start force one group of society into the recesses of the bulletin board only for them to join forces and conspire to take power from the moderator. Then where would we be faced with endless adverts for caring ladies who's only desire is to care for our kids in return for minimum wage. Don't know about you but I can't live in such a sick world.
MrsNanny
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MrsNanny » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 pm

I agree that sometimes posts on the most read/ new posts come up as nanny jobs or parents requesting nannies, and maybe this needs looking at, just like advertising for Zumba etc

I would like to say that as a nanny I have recommended this site to first time parent - over 100 parents. I talk about how it is a beautiful site to connect with others, maybe help with advice (as I know many professional nannies / maternity nannies / sleep trainers and mothers try to leave some advice for parents, which the parents are Always so grateful) and a great tool to finding activities in your area, meeting mothers, and information.

Shame if it was to become a different website where groups didn't feel welcome to contribute, and of course there are lots of new websites with the same idea, shame to loose lots of valuable people I say., maybe just needs a bit of re style with the boards?
Balham3838
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Balham3838 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 pm

I didn't mean for this to become specifically about nannies!

I just meant that this website has a specific section for people buying and selling goods (Annabels Arcade) and perhaps that could be used for the advertisement of services and local businesses too.

Of course anyone, be they nanny, handyman, local business person should still be able to contribute their views/ opinions and advice in the main site.

Just that way the newest & most read post sections can be free from adverts, especially the duplicate posts!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.