Kids birthday party cake

32 posts
Mellomumma
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Kids birthday party cake

Postby Mellomumma » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:46 am

We just used Holly @ Etoile for our child's birthday after our previous cake maker cancelled just a week before the party. She was lovely and amazingly happy to help. the cake turned out better than I imagined and was delicious. Also very reasonably priced and very professional, even providing a detailed cake order and invoice. I will now be using her for all our future cakes.
claire_m
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Kids birthday party cake

Postby claire_m » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 am

Not wanting to put a dampner on this thread, but you may find that not all cake decorators will accept commissions like the original request. Ben 10 is a copyrighted character and it is illegal to make and sell a cake containing one. I appreciate this doesn't affect the customer (bar having to find a different cake decorator!), but I wanted to say this.

I will also say that I am aware of instances where brands/companies have sued cake decorators for breaking copyright law, so it's not a frivolous comment!

And for the lady with the misspelt name, it should have been corrected at the time and to a standard that was acceptable to you and I'm sorry this didn't happen.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.