Baby sleep advice?!?! 3 month old can't self-soothe...

46 posts
CBW7779
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Baby sleep advice?!?! 3 month old can't self-soothe...

Postby CBW7779 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi there, I feel so bad for you and the little one! I have two under twos so I know how hard this period is! I can lend you a fantastic rocking chair if you like, it's no longer on the market for some crazy reason but we found it was great for our two up until about 4 mths just for daytime naps/putting baby down when you need to do something. Pm me if you'd like to borrow it, we are BTC. It might help in the short term!! Longer term, we didn't go down the sleep trainer route as our second started to sleep through at 4.5 mths but only weeks before that she fed ALL night (partly reflux related) and I'd have described her as a terrible sleeper!! I couldn't have foreseen the change! I'd definitely try getting someone else to help if I were you as you will need some rest and a week from now things could be very different. what I did was to put our little one into a proper cot quite early and sit visible to her next to the cot but not looking at her (sometimes pretending to be asleep myself) so she didn't think she was alone, sometimes v repetitively shushing gently, sometimes silently, but trying to be v disciplined about not picking her up. I didn't let her cry hard though as that was too much for both of us! I would always pick her up straight away if she woke for milk but I tried to be consistent when putting her down. I tried to maximise the daytime sleep but not after 4:30ish so that by 7 she was ready to sleep, and would put down toddler first so that I could devote the evening to sleep training our new baby. We used a gro-bag from early on which really helped her feel snug but able to reach her hands, and I'd hugely recommend helping your baby find his hands and suck those rather than a soother which can go missing. Wishing you a good sleep tonight!!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.