Any insight on Belleville Wix Academy?

19 posts
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Any insight on Belleville Wix Academy?

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 pm

I think Wix has come on tremendously since the English stream head too over. The teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic. The provision during the first lockdown was deplorable but things improved during the second. The curriculum isn’t broad enough in KS2 but they’re working on it. 
I do think the school is a bit crippled by the French school on the same site and there’s a bit of a divide between the two, two separate PTAs etc. Actually in true French fashion, there were 3 at one point, two French and one English. 
Being part of a trust can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. I personally am against it, it’s all just a bit inefficient and the lack of autonomy can be a hindrance, which was very evident when it came to the first lockdown. Staff turnover is pretty high and I was concerned about the sign in the office when I visited which said something to the effect that parents bad behaviour won’t be tolerated. Was it *that* sort of school? Luckily it is not. It isn’t a Honeywell or a Belleville, the demographics are very different but that is no bad thing. Bottom line, it isn’t a bad school at all, you could do a lot worse. 
Pud1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pud1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:41 am

Positives- the majority of parents are middle class, so you will not see any fighting outside of gates or insult hurling , children will be mostly polite and nicely behaved, PTA is amazing, lots of events and effort put in, organic home made biscuits, posh chocolate at coffee meetings,

What an awful, awful comment. So judgmental and entitled. Urgh. 

Dissatisfied Parent
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Dissatisfied Parent » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:31 pm

I don’t agree at all! in the last three years the school has become worse, the head and a few other staff are extremely unhelpful, they don’t listen to families needs, they discriminate parents and kids and I am speaking from first hand experience! They school staff have a very condescending demeanour under false pretences and their is an extremely low level of diversity within the teaching staff! I also agree that the SEN provisions are inadequate and selfish. Everything is about donating even when it should be covered or provided by the school and since the new Head has started there has been a massive decline in the good teachers at the school (as many have left!).
BellevilleWix
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BellevilleWix » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:48 pm

We are sorry that you feel this way about Belleville Wix Academy. We would always encourage any parent or carer who is unhappy with our school to speak to us directly so that we can help address your individual concerns. If you would like to discuss this further, please email admin@wix.wandsworth.sch.uk.
Belleville Wix Academy is a vibrant & inclusive primary school which shares a unique bi-cultural community with École de Wix. It has an English stream and a bilingual stream and is part of the Quality First Education Trust.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.