What's your school doing re: opening 1 June?

16 posts
KatherineHepburn
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What's your school doing re: opening 1 June?

Postby KatherineHepburn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:09 am

I have 3 kids at Belleville spread over year 3 and year 6 and I have been really impressed with their approach. The kids have had loads to do covering core subjects as well as extra curricular activities should they wish.
Most importantly for me though there hasn't been lots of pressure for them to get everything given done as both my partner and I are still working.
Perhaps some parents who are furloughed or do not work expect more? That just wouldn't be workable for so many of us.
The kids have loved the videos from their teachers as well as the phone calls, the fact they still have assembly and achievement awards and they still feel a part of the Belleville community.
I'm also happy with the week delay on going back as all the evidence has shown that the longer we wait the safer they are.

At this point I have no idea what will happen for those not going back next week but no doubt when the governments sorts itself out information from the school will follow in due course. 
They have been working their socks off, Belleville is a big school with 4 and 5 form entry depending upon year groups so I have no idea how they are meant to make this work. No doubt they will though, it is a great school. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.