Heathrow hotel isolation - question for anyone who's been there.

2 posts
mymyherewegoagain
Options:
Share this post on:

Heathrow hotel isolation - question for anyone who's been there.

Postby mymyherewegoagain » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:01 am

Hello

I had to return to South Africa due to a very sad family emergency.  I am getting ready to return home and will have to stay in an isolation hotel near Heathrow.  I'm wondering if anyone has been in an isolation hotel and can give me any tips on what I should pack to pass the time?   I've read I should pack a proper knife and fork and take herbal tea...Also, am I allowed to get packages delivered to me while I am at the hotel? 

Thank you in advance for any tips you may have.
stevehall
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Heathrow hotel isolation - question for anyone who's been there.

Postby stevehall » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:13 pm

I have not been in a hotel but I have spent the last 16 weeks in hospital. Admittedly there are tests, doctors, nurses etc but it is still 10/12 hours plus per day to kill.

I have subscribed to Netflix and probably seen more TV /films than I have seen in the last 16 years, l play chess online and am learning Italian and Romanian with online courses. I spend way too much time on Facebook... often on stuff l have little interest in!

Salvation? Meticulously planning journeys throughout Europe for once this xxxxshow is over. Looking to visit 365 football grounds in 365 days etc for charity etc. As l can't walk 100 yards at the moment, it's dreaming but if one is going to dream, dream BIG.

You will be fine. #staysafe

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.