Where to have my baby?

3 posts
Yumum
Options:
Share this post on:

Where to have my baby?

Postby Yumum » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm due to give birth on the 1/1/12 and I'm looking for a birthing centre or private hospital that doesn't cost the earth!
Can anyone help or suggest anywhere?? It's my first baby so I'm nervous and want this dilemma sorted.

Thanks

Love,
Emele
mummybear
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Where to have my baby?

Postby mummybear » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Emele, Unfortunately I cannot recommend anywhere but having had one at Chelsea and being due to be back there again early Nov I would definitely consider there. First time births can be scary but you do have the advantage of being at a large hospital with great emergency care should it be needed. If you do find somewhere private or a birthing centre I would just make sure you check their emergency options as some will send you to the nearest hospital, which in itself could be an unsettling option! Not a direct answer I know but hope it helps! Good luck!
CornishMummyinLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Where to have my baby?

Postby CornishMummyinLondon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Emele

I had both of my babies in the nhs part of Chelsea and Westminster and had great care there as the above poster. I was looking at a private birth for my current pregnancy (for various reasons) and it was incredibly expensive so I have opted for a private midwife who comes to my house for all of my check ups and offers fantastic continuity of care. I will have my baby in an nhs hospital again (this time St George's) but my midwife will be with me and will look after me for six weeks after the birth. I have found this pregnancy to be so much easier knowing I have a dedicated midwife who I see on a regular basis. I'd really recommend it if you are nervous. I'm using South London Independent Midwives.

http://www.southlondonindependentmidwives.co.uk/

Good luck.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.