Putney High vs Wimbledon High Junior School

3 posts
MiloBobby
Options:
Share this post on:

Putney High vs Wimbledon High Junior School

Postby MiloBobby » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:42 am

Need some advice from the wise people here. Our DD has been offered place at 4+ for both Putney High and Wimbledon High.

Putney High PHS is logistically closer, door to door on bus taking into account morning traffic is around 25 mins, or there is a school bus in the morning that pick up at 7:50am, and the bus stop is a 15 mins walk or 6-8 mins bus ride from home.

Wimbledon High WHS is further, will expect to drive which will take c. 25-30 mins depending on the traffic (16 mins with no traffic). There is also bus but will take 40-45 mins door to door.

We are both working parents based in the City. We really like WHS but not sure how to get it work logistically on a daily basis. Is the 30 mins drive a crazy idea? Any parents out there doing a long school run and juggling a career who can assure me I won’t go crazy in a week? It is the school run that worried me as getting into the city from Putney and Wimbledon are about the same.

Also any parents with first hand experience on PHS and WHS junior school? We love the structure of the reception to Y2 timetable with a lot of PE/Swimming from reception etc at WHS and gut feel is it is a warmer school. Swimming doesn’t start until Y3 at PHS.

Thanks in advance.
TooManyCars
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Putney High vs Wimbledon High Junior School

Postby TooManyCars » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:50 pm

Please do not rely on driving your child to school as predominant transport method.

There are so many posts on so many platforms complaining about traffic - especially Putney/ Wimbledon.

Please take public transport, walk or cycle/scoot.
Our infrastructure cannot handle the luxury/ volume of cars driving children to private schools (or state schools for that matter).
Vista321
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Putney High vs Wimbledon High Junior School

Postby Vista321 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:12 pm

I agree with TooManyCars - go for Putney and then you have the bus as an option for travel. It also means that your DD will have this as an option when she becomes an  independent at around year 7. 
Putney High Juniors school is wonderful and probably very similar to Wimbledon High. You won't regret it as an option.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.