Tips for a successful family skiing holiday

1 post
shallowmummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Tips for a successful family skiing holiday

Postby shallowmummy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:33 pm

If you are heading off to the slopes en famille for the first time this winter, here are my top tips for a successful holiday 🤞
  • Borrow ski kit or buy it second hand if you can. 
  • Warm thermals and good ski socks are essential, also a hooded snood is perfect to keep little ones necks warm and to wear with a hired helmet.
  • Choose  a resort that doesn't have a long transfer from the airport with good easily accessible nursery slopes.
  • Take travel sickness medication, wet wipes and steal the sick bag from the seat pocket on the flight. If you have a coach transfer to your resort up winding mountain roads you need to be prepared.
  • Investigate ski schools and book them in advance where necessary (especially in France). You also probably want to ensure that you have enough time to have a decent ski between drop off and pick up 
  • If possible hire ski equipment in advance of your arrival
  • Check that ski school is not too difficult to get to from your accommodation
  • You can never have too many snacks and treats to put in ski jacket pockets  - mini packets of Haribo are perfect
  • Leave plenty of time to get ready in the morning as it always takes longer than you think and someone always forgets their gloves, and definitely insist on a visit to the loo before the salopettes go on
Have a wonderful time on the slopes

Please leave any skiing tips you may have in the comments box ⛷ and if you need any specific advice drop me a DM  or contact me at  travelmatterswithjacky@gmail.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.