Did you find out the sex of your baby?

3 posts
bump and me
Options:
Share this post on:

Did you find out the sex of your baby?

Postby bump and me » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:26 pm

Having a 20 week scan next week and very undecided about whether to find out the sex or not. I feel that it will be fabulous to have a surprise on the day. My husband, a planner and very keen on having a boy, really wants to know. Not sure what to do? What do most people do? Thanks!
NVG
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Did you find out the sex of your baby?

Postby NVG » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:26 pm

We did for both ours (girl followed by a boy.) I was so happy that my first was a girl as I really wanted one - I didn’t really care what my son was but still found out (actually it was fairly obvious from the moment the sonography put the scanner on my tummy!) I’d say it was useful in that it concentrated our minds in terms of names (you don’t have to come up with alternatives) and we bought gendered clothes, bedding etc. The surprise on the day you give birth is meeting this little bump you’ve been carrying around all this time. If you really care what sex it is then I would suggest finding out now as you don’t want to feel disappointed on the day you give birth. I guess you could also say that you are so relieved the birth is over that you don’t care what sex it is! I think you (and not your husband) should choose though - carrying the baby and giving birth must give you the casting vote! Good luck and enjoy! It’s such a happy time of your life.
SW4Mummy1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Did you find out the sex of your baby?

Postby SW4Mummy1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:36 am

Difficult because if your hubbie has a strong preference I'm not sure I would want to know... HOWEVER if he has a strong preference it might be better for him to find out now so that if it's a girl he has time to accept it before the baby comes. It's a difficult time post-birth so dealing with disappointment and a newborn might be too much for him to handle. My husband had really bad post natal depression so I would defo have wanted him to find out sooner then later x 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.