Last minute May half term recommendations

4 posts
bananamama
Options:
Share this post on:

Last minute May half term recommendations

Postby bananamama » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:14 am

Hi all

We have left this a bit late this year after having a new baby, and my family of 3 littles (9, 11, 6 months) are now all dying for some place warm and a beach for May half term. As we arent originally from the UK, we aren't sure the best places via Europe to jet off too. Any place with a pool, beach, and good food would be perfect. Would love to hear from you all. Thank you!
shallowmummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Last minute May half term recommendations

Postby shallowmummy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:42 pm

My top recommendation would be the Algarve in Portugal. We went as a family for May half term regularly until exams got in the way. It is usually lovely and warm and the beaches are beautiful and not crowded. There is a lot of accommodation choices from Villas to child friendly hotels and the food is fresh and delicious. 
Mallorca would also be another recommendation  as it  should also be warm with lovely beaches and lots to do.

If you would like any help planning your trip please DM me as I am a locally based travel advisor and would love to help. 
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:26 pm

Try speaking to James O’Leary at Travel Counsellors. He’s booked two amazing trips for me and he’s really good at doing all the research so you don’t have to! 0207 112 8135
Yogamum15
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Yogamum15 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:34 pm

Congratulations to your new little family member!

We were in the exact same situation last year with an older sibling and a 4 month baby, craving some sun and relaxation after a loooong pregnancy.

We ended up going to Zafiro Palace Alcudia, Mallorca. It was perfect. Weather nice but not too hot for a baby, the hotel has plenty to do for all ages with lots of pools and activities. We had a room with private pool which was extremely convenient with a baby.

The location was good for day trips to other cute villages.

Hope you manage to get away somewhere! It’s not the easiest to plan with a 6 month baby hanging in your arms!

All the best, xxx

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.